I've made these moist brownies many times and they're always a hit. If your family doesn't gobble up the whole pan, you can use the leftovers in the sweet treats that follow.June Formanek, Belle Plaine, Iowa
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until
- smooth. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 1-2
- minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour; beat just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and
- pecans if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar or freeze.
- Brownies may be frozen for up to 6 months. Yield: 16-20 servings.