I love to cook and look forward to spending quality time with my young son in the kitchen. This is one recipe I'll be sure to share with him when he gets older.
72 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Add 1/3 cup oil
- and water; beat until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla, salt, eggs
- and remaining oil. Stir in walnuts
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 63 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.