"No one will ever guess that these soft, chocolaty brownies are made with light ingredients like yogurt and egg whites," assures Denise Baumert, field editor from Dalhart, Texas.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and yogurt. Stir in egg
- whites and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour and nuts just until
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 87 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.