- Meanwhile, for crust, in a large bowl, combine the applesauce, egg
- substitute, oil and vanilla. In another large bowl, combine the
- cocoa, sugar, flour and baking powder. gradually add to applesauce
- mixture just until blended.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the chilled chocolate mixture until light. Fold
- in whipped topping; carefully spread over crust. Refrigerate for 2
- hours. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 220 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.