Our Test Kitchen used baking cocoa and miniature chocolate chips to help keep down the fat and calories in these treats.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat egg, egg white and sugar. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Add the coffee, butter and corn syrup to egg mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Fudgy Brownie Cookies in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p58
Reviews for Fudgy Brownie Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review