Fudgy Banana Muffins Recipe
We love the flavor combination of chocolate and banana. Once when I had no chocolate chips on hand, I made these moist muffins with chunks of chocolate bars instead. My husband likes them even better this way, since they have big bites of chocolate. -Kristin Wagner, Spokane, Washington
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; place two pieces in each muffin cup. Top with remaining batter. Chop remaining candy bar pieces; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC