- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; place two pieces in each muffin cup. Top with remaining batter. Chop remaining candy bar pieces; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Banana Muffins
"These were way too sweet. I won't make them again; I've got a better recipe for banana muffins."
"Too sweet. We have another banana muffin recipe that we add chocolate chips to, and it's got a better taste. I had already copied this one into a notebook, and I removed it."
"delicious, nice mix of banana and chocolate mmm, can't go wrong."
"These muffins are so good and yummy. Love them!"
"Very good muffins - moist and tasty! I love the chocolate and banana combo."
"I am always looking for recipies to use up ripe bananas. These turned out very moist and tender. I liked it because it used less oil and sugar than other recipes I saw. I used chocolate chips instead of candy bars. Definately a do again recipe."