Fudge with Candy Bar Bits
Bonnie Ayars teaches family and consumer science in Mechanicsburg, Ohio and says this simple but scrumptious fudge is a hit with her high school students. Best of all, with only 5 ingredients, it couldn’t be easier to make!
BONNIE’S TIP: “This recipe can be made with the candy bar of your choice. Snickers, Milky Way and Heath Bars make delicious variations.”
46 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate fudge frosting
- 2 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch chunks, divided
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter;
- set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch
- chips; stir until smooth. Stir in frosting and half of the candy bar
- pieces. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining candy bar
- pieces. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Cut fudge with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Store in an airtight
- container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 93 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.