Fudge Walnut Brownies Recipe
I've tried numerous brownie recipes, but this recipe is the best by far. A well-known baker in our town generously shared the recipe with me.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:60 servings
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in milk and cocoa until smooth. Return to the heat and bring to a boil; boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost warm brownies. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC