- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, optional
- Combine all crust ingredients and press onto the bottom and 2-in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chips. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Fudge Truffle Cheesecake
"Great recipe! The only thing I did different was the crust. I used crushed oreos and melted butter. I've made this with great success for years"
"We have made this cheesecake for years, and love it! It is a favorite with us :)"
"This was delicious! I made it as one of many Thanksgiving desserts, and it was the biggest hit. I will definitely make it again."
"The cake is awesome.. thanks for the other comments it helps a lot. I put in total 390g Philadelphia cheese more than in the recipe stays. I add brown sugar in the crust cause I didnt have confectioners sugar. I made it at The Advent Window in Germany and never have any leftovers, germans said that it was "high confectionery" ... the best chocolate cheesecake ever ate!!! mmmh"
"i really liked this cheesecake but it was very rich so if you dont like chocolate dont make it :)"
"reallly good ... never have any leftovers .. best chocolate cheesecake . i make this one any time i need a chocolate cheesecake"
"Well I made this one for the first time last weekend and it was awesome...Then I made it again last night for work and did not pay attention to what type of chips I grabbed which were Milk Choc. Chips and I sure hope this turns out good or I will be the laughing stock at work... And to beat that it will be our first Quarterly Recipe Swap...Will let you know how it goes.... Hee! Hee!Anyone tried it this way yet with the Milk Choc. Chips..."
"I served this cheesecake along with 2 others at a holiday party. This one went first and my guests were amazed. First, they asked where I bought this cheesecake, then when they found out I make it they all wanted the recipe. Defiantly one I'll make again for my holiday party next year!"