Fudge-Topped Orange Cookies Recipe
Cookies and fudge are two classic sweets around the holidays, so one day I decided to combine them. The chocolate marshmallow topping forks well on a variety of cookies. —Lisa Evans, Rileyville, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolks, orange peel and extract. Combine the flour, ginger and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until chips are melted. Spread over tops of cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 458 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC