Cookies and fudge are two classic sweets around the holidays, so one day I decided to combine them. The chocolate marshmallow topping forks well on a variety of cookies. —Lisa Evans, Rileyville, Virginia
Recommended: Top 10 Recipes for Fudge
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolks, orange peel and extract. Combine the flour, ginger and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until chips are melted. Spread over tops of cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Fudge-Topped Orange Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p88
Reviews for Fudge-Topped Orange Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review