Fudge Sundae Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons light corn syrup, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 1/4 cup corn syrup, butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal until blended. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, hot fudge topping and remaining corn syrup. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Spread remaining mixture over crust; sprinkle with half of the peanuts. Top with frozen yogurt and remaining peanuts. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- 4. Warm reserved peanut butter mixture; drizzle over pie. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 300 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Fudge Sundae Pie
"Made this for a church dinner and it was a hit. However, I could not get the "crust" to stick together. I did not use reduced fat butter, which may have been the reason. I wound up making it in a 9x13 glass dish. The fudge/peanut butter topping must be warmed in order for it to spread easily. I think next time I will just make rice krispie treats for the crust."
"I'm here to tell you that this is GOOOOOD! Try it!!! You'll LOVE it!!!!! 5STARS---to bad there isn't 10 stars,'cause it dezerves it!!!! THANK~YOU!!!!! LOVE it!!!!!!!!!"
"Made this for my son who likes peanut butter. He said it was good.Laughed at the description - "guilt-free" and "healthier." It's a lot of sugar to be healthy. Still tastes good though."
"I added some coconut to the crust and finely diced pecans on top"