My son always asks for this guilt-free frozen yogurt pie for his birthday. Complete with peanut butter, fudge topping and nuts, it tastes ice cream parlor-good…but it's healthier. —Margaret Hanson-Maddox, Montpelier, Indiana
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons light corn syrup, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/4 cup corn syrup, butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cereal until blended. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, hot fudge topping and remaining corn syrup. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Spread remaining mixture over crust; sprinkle with half of the peanuts. Top with frozen yogurt and remaining peanuts. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Warm reserved peanut butter mixture; drizzle over pie. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fudge Sundae Pie in Country Woman June/July 2009, p42
Reviews for Fudge Sundae Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review