If you're a fan of hot chocolate in winter, you'll crave this creamy "cold cocoa" on a sultry summer's day. Young and old alike will savor every icy sip of the thick fudgy drink developed by our Test Kitchen staff.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2-2/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons 1% milk, divided
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa. Gradually stir in 2-2/3 cups
- milk; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour
- into a shallow pan or ice cube trays. Cover and freeze for 6 hours
- or overnight.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks; place in a blender or food
- processor. Add remaining milk; cover and process until smooth and
- slushy. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 164 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.