VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Combine the cocoa, 1/3 cup walnuts and remaining sugar. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the cocoa mixture. Dot with half of the butter. Repeat layers; top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cocoa Ripple Squares in Country Woman March/April 1998, p33
Reviews forFudge Ripple Squares
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review