Fudge Ripple Brownies Recipe
"Now that I'm retired and a new grandmother, I'm always looking for special treats to serve my grandchildren," says Bobi Raab of St. Paul, Minnesota. "These brownies have a rich chocolate taste and yummy brown butter frosting."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, cook and stir butter in a saucepan over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a large bowl; add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cooled brownies.
- For topping, melt chocolate and butter in a microwave; stir until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Fudge Ripple Brownies in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p61
Reviews for Fudge Ripple Brownies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Bars >
- Brownie Frosting >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Frosting Recipes >
- Chocolate Icing Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Fudge Brownie Recipes >
- Fudge Brownies >
- Fudge Frosting >
- Fudge Frosting >