Fudge Puddles Recipe
I was inspired to make these cookies last year when we stopped for a snack while Christmas shopping. I changed a few things when I got home, and my Fudge Puddles became a favorite with my husband's family. —Kimarie Maassen, Avoca, Iowa
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FUDGE FILLING:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Shape into forty-eight 1-in. balls. Place in greased mini-muffin cups. Bake 14-16 minutes or until light brown. Immediately press a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in center of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla until smooth. Fill each cookie with filling; sprinkle with peanuts. (If desired, refrigerate remaining filling; serve warm with ice cream.) Yield: 4 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC