Fudge Puddles Recipe
I was inspired to make these cookies last year when we stopped for a snack while Christmas shopping. I changed a few things when I got home, and my Fudge Puddles became a favorite with my husband's family. —Kimarie Maassen, Avoca, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FUDGE FILLING:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 48 balls, 1 in. each. Place in lightly greased mini-muffin tins. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8- to 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Fill each shell with filling. Sprinkle with peanuts. (Leftover filling can be stored in the refrigerator and served warm over ice cream.) Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 248 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC