Fudge Pecan Pie
The recipe for this fudgy pie can be easily doubled or even quadrupled for a partyor freeze the extras for a fast, tasty dessert.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan over low heat, or in the microwave, melt
- chocolate and butter. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until light; add flour and mix well. Add
- sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir in melted chocolate and
- pecans. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or
- until top is crusty and filling set.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 387 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.