The recipe for this fudgy pie can be easily doubled or even quadrupled for a party—or freeze the extras for a fast, tasty dessert.
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan over low heat, or in the microwave, melt chocolate and butter. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until light; add flour and mix well. Add sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir in melted chocolate and pecans. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until top is crusty and filling set.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fudge Pecan Pie in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fudge Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review