- Combine flour, brown sugar and nuts in a large bowl; cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in milk and vanilla with a
- fork just until blended. Pat onto bottom and up the sides of an
- 11-in. tart pan; set aside.
- For filling, melt chocolate and chips in the top of a double boiler
- over hot water. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Place in a
- large bowl and combine with sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- Gradually add flour, blending well after each addition. Add nuts.
- Pour over pastry.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, or until center is just set and
- toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low
- heat. Add milk, butter, yolk and vanilla. Heat, stirring vigorously,
- until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Spread over tart. Garnish
- with whipped cream and pecans if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 580 calories, 37 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.