I love inventing my own recipes and entering contests—I won a blue ribbon at the Iowa State Fair for this one!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup well-chilled butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BROWNIE FILLING:
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- FUDGE FROSTING:
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and whole pecans for garnish, optional
- Combine flour, brown sugar and nuts in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in milk and vanilla with a fork just until blended. Pat onto bottom and up the sides of an 11-in. tart pan; set aside.
- For filling, melt chocolate and chips in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Place in a large bowl and combine with sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well. Gradually add flour, blending well after each addition. Add nuts. Pour over pastry.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, or until center is just set and toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Add milk, butter, yolk and vanilla. Heat, stirring vigorously, until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Spread over tart. Garnish with whipped cream and pecans if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Fudge Pecan Brownie Tart in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p6
Reviews for Fudge Pecan Brownie Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review