There's no brownie recipe or mix I've ever tried that's better than this! And it's so easy—you can mix it in one bowl in just a few minutes. My husband's grandmother passed the recipe on; now our son makes these brownies for after-school snacks. —Becky Albright, Norwalk, Ohio
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine oil, eggs and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Spread in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: about 24 brownies.
Originally published as Fudge Brownies in Country Woman May/June 1991, p33
Reviews for Fudge Nut Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review