- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine oil, eggs and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Spread in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: about 24 brownies.
Reviews for Fudge Nut Brownies
Sort By :
"Found this recipe years ago and been making these for years. They are the best for sure!"
"The flavor of the brownies is very good. They are chewy, but a little crumbly (which isn't ideal). What makes these brownies is that they are totally full of walnuts. Yum! Half the people reviewing didn't even use walnuts/nuts. Unless you're allergic to them or REALLY don't like walnuts, that is a big mistake.Like one reviewer I halved he recipe, but baked for the same amount of time. I didn't want 24 brownies around my house. 12 is enough. I ate 2 at a time since the serving is quite small. When they're gone. They're gone.I used 50% sugar 50% granulated sucralose to cut down on the sugar carbs. It definitely didn't affect the flavor. Perhaps that might have caused the crumbliness. I'd still rather have them a little crumbly than eat that much sugar. [I need to watch my glucose level.]"
"Wow this is so yummy! It was very simple to make and my family really liked it. I did not use nuts do to allergies but it was so good. This is my new go to recipe for brownies."
"Excellent recipe! It is a moist and melting in mouth recipe. I added rice crispies and cornflakes instead of nuts making it a healthy snack for the kids. They luv it!!"
"So good...my husband's comment after eating the first one: "These are prize-winning!" lol"