Fudge-Filled Sandies Recipe
I dream of one day owning a cookie shop. Until then, I'll delight friends and family with my homemade concoctions. These cookies are like pecan sandies, but I've added a touch of delicious chocolate.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, water and shortening. Spoon or pipe into cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 cookies equals 189 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC