Fudge-Filled Sandies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, water and shortening. Spoon or pipe into cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 189 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fudge-Filled Sandies
"Made exactly as recipe states several times, come out perfect and almost as pretty as the picture."
"Can't roll in powdered sugar if you use kiss on top!"
"Made this recipe for our church - O MY did they go fast. And my husband who is very particular about sweets LOVED this - Just might be HIS favorite Christmas Cookies of all time. I also made this recipe with a moon shaped cookie cutter and drizzled the chocolate over them. This just melt in your mouth. Definitely adding to my recipe file."
"or, use a hershey's kiss!"
"Found recipe in the 2008 cookie book. Have made it annually since. I absolutely love these cookies."
"Absolutely loved this recipe!!"
"GREAT RECIPE!!!Word to the submitter: I also dreamed of my own shop to do weddig cakes and special desserts.I dreamed too long.Now I am 60 and disabled. GRAB YOUR DREAM WHILE YOU CAN."
"I made these as part of baked goods gifts I will be giving out and I'm glad I doubled it because my household is raving about them. I think I will be getting future requests for these!"