Fudge-Filled Sandies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the corn syrup, water and shortening. Spoon or pipe into cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Fudge-Filled Sandies(6)
Sort By :
Made exactly as recipe states several times, come out perfect and almost as pretty as the picture.
Can't roll in powdered sugar if you use kiss on top!
Made this recipe for our church - O MY did they go fast. And my husband who is very particular about sweets LOVED this - Just might be HIS favorite Christmas Cookies of all time. I also made this recipe with a moon shaped cookie cutter and drizzled the chocolate over them. This just melt in your mouth. Definitely adding to my recipe file.
or, use a hershey's kiss!
Found recipe in the 2008 cookie book. Have made it annually since. I absolutely love these cookies.