- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Divide dough into fourths; cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature.
- Roll out each portion of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet into an 11-in. x 6-1/2-in. rectangle. Spread 3/4 cup chocolate filling down the center of each rectangle. Fold long sides to the center; press to seal all edges. Turn over so the seam sides are down.
- Bake at 350° for 27-32 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Fudge-Filled Dessert Strips
Sort By :
These are great also
I did this recipe today and it turned out ok. The crust was good but I always wonder how to make the crust flaky? I didn't have any chocolate chips and I tried unsweetened chocolate squares to equal the same amount. The square chocolate I suppose made it a bit darker flavour for a bitter taste, but not bad. I would try this one again!
This was a big hit this Christmas. Relatively easy and so rich and yummy!
Great holiday cookie....made them ahead of time and froze them and when thawed, tasted like fresh made....yummy
I am an amateur baker and found these a little difficult to make. I made 6 types of cookies for Christmas and had my entire family rate them, these were 2nd from the bottom. They were okay and will get eaten but I don't think the taste was worth the effort. I doubt that I will make them again. And just a tip for those who do plan to make them, a lot of my family doesn't care for nuts so I used rice krispies instead. I do not recommend this as they came out soggy/chewy.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >