- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Divide dough into fourths; cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature.
- Roll out each portion of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet into an 11-in. x 6-1/2-in. rectangle. Spread 3/4 cup chocolate filling down the center of each rectangle. Fold long sides to the center; press to seal all edges. Turn over so the seam sides are down.
- Bake at 350° for 27-32 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Fudge-Filled Dessert Strips
"These are great also"
"I did this recipe today and it turned out ok. The crust was good but I always wonder how to make the crust flaky? I didn't have any chocolate chips and I tried unsweetened chocolate squares to equal the same amount. The square chocolate I suppose made it a bit darker flavour for a bitter taste, but not bad. I would try this one again!"
"This was a big hit this Christmas. Relatively easy and so rich and yummy!"
"Great holiday cookie....made them ahead of time and froze them and when thawed, tasted like fresh made....yummy"
"I am an amateur baker and found these a little difficult to make. I made 6 types of cookies for Christmas and had my entire family rate them, these were 2nd from the bottom. They were okay and will get eaten but I don't think the taste was worth the effort. I doubt that I will make them again. And just a tip for those who do plan to make them, a lot of my family doesn't care for nuts so I used rice krispies instead. I do not recommend this as they came out soggy/chewy."
"The pastry is easy to make and is wonderful with the chocolate filling."
"Disappointing for the time and effort it took to make these. My husband liked them, but they are not for me. If I want to eat fudge, I'll eat a piece of regular fudge."
"these were "AWESOME" and easy to make.made them exactly as the recipe and my husband said "the best pastry" ever."