Fudge-Filled Dessert Strips Recipe
This family favorite was handed down to me by my mother, and everyone who tastes the flaky chocolate-filled strips asks for the recipe. They're delicious! —Kimberly Santoro, Palm City, Florida
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Divide dough into fourths; cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. Roll out each portion of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet into an 11-in. x 6-1/2-in. rectangle. Spread 3/4 cup chocolate filling down the center of each rectangle. Fold long sides to the center; press to seal all edges. Turn over so the seam sides are down.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 27-32 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC