Fudge-Filled Brownie Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Press onto the bottom of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 3. Spread melted chocolate over filling; sprinkle with walnuts. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 115 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Fudge-Filled Brownie Bars
"Waste of a brownie mix. Served it at a picnic tonight and nobody really liked it at all. Big disappointment."
"loved the Bars will make them again."
"Saving recipe, **just because**."
"This recipe was good, but a little more effort than needed. I would have been satisfied with just the brownies made from the mix without the crust on the bottom. To me, that was not necessary."
"These were delicious and addicting!"
"These were fantastic! These are by far the best cookie bars I have ever had. My daughter thanked me for making them (she has never done that before and I bake a lot!)"