Fudge-Filled Brownie Bars Recipe
I always have the ingredients to put together these soft chewy bars. They have been a hit at many potlucks, and someone is always asking for the recipe. —Nola Burski, Lakeville, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Press onto the bottom of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 3. Spread melted chocolate over filling; sprinkle with walnuts. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 115 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Fudge-Filled Brownie Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC