- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, two at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for icing, melt butter and chocolate. Transfer to a large bowl. Add half of the confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Beat in the milk, vanilla and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Fudge Brownies
Sort By :
I have made these brownies for years by request from my kids. We all love them and are so easy to make. I also love that is makes such a large batch, as I have a large family and they go very fast. Simply one of the best I have ever tried.
Sinfully the best brownies to die for, share with someone you love with all your heart!
Sinfully the best brownies to die for
I absolutely love this recipe! I just wish it had the nutrition facts.
Very good recipe! Left off the nuts, didn't do the icing, but added peanut butter chips. I would definitely make again!