- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, two at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for icing, melt butter and chocolate. Transfer to a large bowl. Add half of the confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Beat in the milk, vanilla and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Fudge Brownies
Sort By :
"I have made these brownies for years by request from my kids. We all love them and are so easy to make. I also love that is makes such a large batch, as I have a large family and they go very fast. Simply one of the best I have ever tried."
"Sinfully the best brownies to die for, share with someone you love with all your heart!"
"Sinfully the best brownies to die for"
"I absolutely love this recipe! I just wish it had the nutrition facts."
"Very good recipe! Left off the nuts, didn't do the icing, but added peanut butter chips. I would definitely make again!"