Fruity Tossed Salad Recipe
A colorful combo of fruity flavors makes Beverly Little’s refreshing, light salad a winter favorite in Marietta, Georgia. Coconut and nuts add a fun crunch and fancy feel!
- 3 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, apple, dates and cranberries. In another bowl, whisk the cranberry juice, orange juice, vinegar, oil and salt. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Top with coconut and walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC