Fruity Tortellini Salad
Being from Vermont, the nation's leading maple syrup-producing state, I use pure maple syrup for a special sweet taste. By adding chicken, this salad can be a light main course. — Vicky McClain, St. Albans, Vermont
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium lemon, peeled and sectioned
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, optional
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, fruit and
- chicken if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup and orange juice; pour over salad
- and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cashews just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon