Being from Vermont, the nation's leading maple syrup-producing state, I use pure maple syrup for a special sweet taste. By adding chicken, this salad can be a light main course. — Vicky McClain, St. Albans, Vermont
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium lemon, peeled and sectioned
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, optional
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, fruit and chicken if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup and orange juice; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with cashews just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Tortellini Salad in Country Extra September 2002, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruity Tortellini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review