Folks who like tapioca will enjoy this fruity variation from Louise Martin of Denver, Pennsylvania. Convenient canned peaches and mandarin oranges give refreshing flavor to this economical dessert, which costs 36 cents per serving.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and diced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar and tapioca; let stand
- for 5 minutes. Bring to a full rolling boil. Remove from the heat;
- stir in orange juice concentrate. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the peaches and oranges. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover
- and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.