Fruity Spinach Salad
This is a perfect accompaniment to any meal. A tangy dressing turns strawberries, kiwifruit and blueberries into a delightful change-of-pace salad. Add more or less fruit depending on your family's tastes.—Anne Smithson, Cary, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process
- until blended. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, fruit and
- pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 cups) equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable.