Fruity Spinach Salad
"I make this salad often, sometimes substituting pineapple and strawberries for the oranges and grapes," says Cathy Bell of Joplin, Missouri.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 1/2 medium apple, cubed
- 1/4 cup seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat raspberry vinaigrette
- Divide the spinach, celery, oranges, apple and grapes between two
- salad plates. Sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 130 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.