Fruity Slush Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in the cold water, cranberry juice and concentrates. Pour into a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container; cover and freeze overnight.
- 2. Remove container from the freezer 2 hours before serving. Fill glasses two-thirds full with slush; stir about 1 cup soda into each glass. Yield: 13 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup (prepared with sugar-free gelatin, reduced-calorie cranberry juice and diet lemon-lime soda)equals 102 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.