Your party will get off to a great start when you welcome guests with glasses of this fruit-studded sangria. Our tasters liked this just as well using one of the nonalcoholic red wines now available and orange juice in place of the triple sec. Another option--you can use diet lemon-lime soda as well.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) dry red wine
- 1 can (11.3 ounces) peach nectar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or additional orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 medium peach or nectarine, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- In a pitcher, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, stir in soda and
- fruit. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 197 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now