Fruity Sangria Salad Recipe
Here’s a lovely and refreshing medley of fruits for any warm summer day. —Corvilia Thykkuttathil, Renton, Washington
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1 medium lime, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 peeled fresh gingerroot slices (1/2 inch each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, cubed
- 2 medium nectarines, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-1/2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- Whipped topping
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, wine, lime, honey, ginger and lime peel. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove and discard lime and gingerroot. Cool syrup completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine apples and nectarines. Add lime juice; toss gently to coat. Stir in the grapes, honeydew and cantaloupe. Drizzle with syrup and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Fruity Sangria Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC