- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1 medium lime, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 peeled fresh gingerroot slices (1/2 inch each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, cubed
- 2 medium nectarines, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-1/2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- Whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, wine, lime, honey, ginger and lime peel. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove and discard lime and gingerroot. Cool syrup completely.
- In a large bowl, combine apples and nectarines. Add lime juice; toss gently to coat. Stir in the grapes, honeydew and cantaloupe. Drizzle with syrup and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Fruity Sangria Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Fruity Sangria Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >