Fruity Rice Salad
Ranch dressing adds a little "zip" to this fresh, flavorful salad. It makes a great lunch or supper on a hot summer day when you feel like eating something a little less filling.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup small green grapes
- 1/2 cup drained pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup drained mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, salad dressing and salt. Fold in
- chicken, rice, celery and fruit. Cover and chill until ready to
- serve; add almonds. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 486 calories, 34 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.