Ranch dressing adds a little "zip" to this fresh, flavorful salad. It makes a great lunch or supper on a hot summer day when you feel like eating something a little less filling.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup small green grapes
- 1/2 cup drained pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup drained mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, salad dressing and salt. Fold in chicken, rice, celery and fruit. Cover and chill until ready to serve; add almonds. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Rice Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruity Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review