Fruity Rice Mix Recipe
Dried apricots and golden raisins lend sweetness and pretty color to this flavorful rice mix from Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine. "I usually serve this special side dish with fish or chicken," she relates. "Dotted with almonds it gets rave reviews from my family."
- 11 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4-1/2 cups diced dried apricots
- 2-1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 21 batches (21 cups total).
- 2. To prepare rice: In a saucepan, combine 1 cup rice mix, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 164 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Rice Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC