- 11 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4-1/2 cups diced dried apricots
- 2-1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 21 batches (21 cups total).
- To prepare rice: In a saucepan, combine 1 cup rice mix, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Fruity Rice Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p59
Reviews for Fruity Rice Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2012
"VERY GOOD !!!"