Fruity Rainbow Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced nectarines
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the pineapple, strawberries, grapes, oranges, blueberries and nectarines.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, nutmeg and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 117 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Fruity Rainbow Salad
"This is my favorite fruit salad recipe...I've made it many times! I've also added different fruits, such as watermelon. When i brought it to my mom's group both the moms and kids LOVED it! If any is left over, after a few days it will lose it's perkiness....so my husband has made it into a wonderful Sangria. I also thought it would be good to make into chunky popscicles for the kids:)"
"Using 1/8 cup oj & 1/8 cup lemon juice with honey...no nutmeg"