Fruity Rainbow Salad Recipe
"This is a beautiful salad with all of its colorful fruits," confirms Teri Lindquist from Gurnee, Illinois. "You can use other produce as well, such as melon balls, bananas, apples and such. The sweet and tangy marinade gives the salad a refreshing zip."
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced nectarines
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the pineapple, strawberries, grapes, oranges, blueberries and nectarines.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, nutmeg and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 117 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Fruity Rainbow Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC