Fruity Puff Pastries
Caramelized pears with raspberries in puff pastry shells make a special dessert any night of the week.
Do not freeze.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream and additional raspberries, optional
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. In a large
- skillet, saute the pears in butter, brown sugar and cinnamon for 5
- minutes or until pears are tender. Add the cream. Cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in the raspberries. Remove
- top of pastry shells; fill with fruit mixture. Garnish with whipped
- cream and additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 475 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 4 g protein.