Caramelized pears with raspberries in puff pastry shells make a special dessert any night of the week. Do not freeze.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream and additional raspberries, optional
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the pears in butter, brown sugar and cinnamon for 5 minutes or until pears are tender. Add the cream. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in the raspberries. Remove top of pastry shells; fill with fruit mixture. Garnish with whipped cream and additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Puff Pastries in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p316
Reviews for Fruity Puff Pastries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2012
"This is a good way to use Individual Puff Pastry Pockets. I would assign 5 stars if they would come onto the screen."