Fruity Pork Roast Recipe
I like using the slow cooker for our meals because it gives me time for other preparations, frees the oven, and it usually doesn't matter if you serve it later than planned. The fruit in this recipe, which I adapted, gives the pork a special flavor. —Mary Jeppesen-Davis, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- 1/2 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry or additional unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut roast in half; sprinkle with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour fruit mixture over roast. Place apple and parsley around roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer meat to a serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Pork Roast in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruity Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2010
This is a repeat request at home, this is so delicious. I shared it with my mom, and she has made it quite a few times as well.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >