Fruity Popcorn Balls
In our family, these are a favorite holiday treat. I don't know who likes them better— my grown children or their children! I've included this recipe in our family cookbook.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 quarts plain popped popcorn
- 3 cups (about 36) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fruit-flavored gelatin (any flavor)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan over low heat,
- cook and stir marshmallows, butter and gelatin until smooth. Pour
- over popcorn; mix well. Butter hands and form into 3-in. balls.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.